Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

24.09.83 Birkenhead Mollington Street MPD 03189

Some cool street images:


24.09.83 Birkenhead Mollington Street MPD 03189
street
Image by philstephenrichards
Blast from the past. Tucked away in the side streets of Birkenhead was a former steam shed on the docks branch. Right up to closure in 1985 the depot serviced diesel locos including a fleet of class 03 shunters. An example is seen here on 24 September 1983, 03189.


Found MacBook Pro on Wells Street, Chicago
street
Image by Gerald_Oh
(Update: I did eventually get this back to the owner. Long story, that I won't post here due to privacy issues. However, I've privately sent flickrmail to everyone who posted comments. Thanks all for your interest.)

Found on Wells Street this morning, on my morning Starbucks run -- QuickSilver laptop bag with a MacBook Pro (lying by a tree on the sidewalk) in the Old Town neighborhood in Chicago.

Apologies if I've bent the posting guidelines for the groups I've posted this pic too -- but I'd really like to get this back to its owner.

Please send me Flickr Mail if you think this is yours. It's password protected, so I can't get in to it to figure out your email address, but at least that's a good way of proving that it's yours if you see this pic. I called SOS-APPL and gave them the serial number and hopefully you bloody registered your MacBook at some point! :-)

I'll go to the Apple Store on Michigan Ave in the next couple of days, and I'll leave print outs of your bag and the login screen with the stores near where I found the bag. Sorry can't do it today - I have a major client deliverable due today :-(

There were no business cards, no ID. empty wallet in the bag -- who doesn't put business cards in their laptop bags?????!!!!!

Oh, btw, I threw out your half-eaten Almond Joy candy bar that I found in the bag.

Clearly, this kind of luck hasn't translated into better odds when I buy Mega Millions lottery tickets...


A 9 year old boy, Jo Cafarella, 39 Warren Street, Somerville, Mass ... (LOC)
street
Image by The Library of Congress
Hine, Lewis Wickes,, 1874-1940,, photographer.

A 9 year old boy, Jo Cafarella, 39 Warren Street, Somerville, Mass. His sister Lena, 10 years, and Mary Lazzaro, 13 years old, his cousin, lives at 17 South Street. This is typical of their work. Very few boys work on crochet, but he has for 2 years. Location: Somerville, Massachusetts.

1912 August.

1 photographic print.

Notes:
Title from NCLC caption card.
Attribution to Hine based on provenance.
In album: Tenement homework.
Hine no. 2992-A.

Subjects:
Boys.
Girls.
Child laborers.
Crocheting.
Home labor.
United States--Massachusetts--Somerville.

Format: Photographic prints

Rights Info: No known restrictions on publication.

Repository: Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, Washington, D.C. 20540 USA, hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print

Part Of: Photographs from the records of the National Child Labor Committee (U.S.) 2004667950

General information about the Lewis Hine child labor photos is available at hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.nclc

Higher resolution image is available (Persistent URL): hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/nclc.04258

Call Number: LOT 7481, no. 2992-A

No comments:

Post a Comment